Schlessman Family YMCA Renovation Complete
We have completed the renovation and expansion of the Schlessman Family YMCA to enhance the Y and bring more programs and services to our community. These improvements have increased the Schlessman Y by roughly 13,000 square feet, and allows the Y to provide more services to seniors, children, and families.
New amenities include:
- A zero-entry warm water pool - NOW OPEN
- Family locker rooms and changing centers - NOW OPEN
- ChildWatch area with outdoor playground - NOW OPEN
- Cardio Center - NOW OPEN
- Outdoor sun deck and play area - NOW OPEN
- Youth den - NOW OPEN
- Community event room - NOW OPEN
- Renovated adult locker rooms - NOW OPEN
- Weight rooms - NOW OPEN
We are making every effort to ensure everyone stays safe as they go between the buildings and parking areas.
Please take the following safety precautions:
- Follow onsite instructions for where to walk and drive
- Let us know if you see something that could be unsafe
- Give yourself more time when traveling to and from the Y
- Drive slowly and be extra alert in the parking lots
The project is being made possible through the YMCA Capital Campaign, which was launched in 2010 to raise funds for improvements throughout the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver.
Funding is still needed. Our overall goal of $6 million is within reach – but there is still an opportunity to donate to this campaign and be a part of these exciting changes. Make a secure donation here.
The Y thanks our donors, members, program participants, and volunteers for their commitment to this project, and for their patience as the work gets underway.
If you have any questions, please Neil Alderson at 720 524 2760.