Kids: Dive into the Y’s Swim Teams
For kids looking to join a competitive swim program, the Y is ideal. Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level.
- All sessions are taught in the Y’s family-friendly and positive environment
- Kids learn the fundamentals of swimming and how to compete individually and on a team
- Excellent coaching -- All our coaches are trained and certified to help kids meet their swimming goals. And, as Y coaches, they embrace the Y values of respect, responsibility, caring, and honesty. We encourage kids to be their very best both in and out of the water.
- All ages and abilities - YMCA swim teams welcome swimmers ages 5 to 17 of all skill levels at three Y locations.
Whether you just want to get your feet wet, or you may be the next Simone Manual or Michael Phelps, the Y has the swim program for you. The Y offers both:
- Recreational competitive teams
- USA Swimming-sanctioned teams at Arvada, Schlessman and Southwest. USA Swimming is the National Governing Body for the sport of swimming in the United States
Learn more about swimming competitively at the Y, click on the location you are interested in:
Schlessman Family YMCA in University Hills (USA SWIMMING TEAM)