The Susan M. Duncan Family YMCA in Arvada, CO is more than a gym, we welcome individuals, seniors, families, and kids with activities and programs that build strong values in our community. The Arvada YMCA is the go-to resource for swim lessons, fitness classes, and youth sports, as well as community outreach, volunteer opportunities and senior activities.
Child Watch & Preschool Area Facelift
The Child Watch and Preschool areas at the Duncan Y are getting a facelift and will be closed beginning at 1 pm on 11/14, reopening Mon,. Nov. 18. at 8 am.
Improve your nutrition and cooking skills with a 90-minute cooking demonstration by Therapeutic Chef & Culinary Instructor Lynda Lacher. Learn knife skills, easy-to-make family-friendly recipes and techniques, and nutrition information, plus taste and enjoy delicious food. Cooking methods taught include braising, stewing and slow cooking convenient, comforting, and satisfying one-dish meals.
Join us November 12, 5:30 to 7 pm in the Community Room.
$20 for Members, $30 for Non-Members
Fitness classes for YMCA members are unlimited! Have you tried these ones? Check them out
- Strength Training for Youth with Tyko: This weekly group fitness class merges bodyweight exercises with yoga, helping kids build confidence and reach fitness goals. Join us Mondays, 4:45 to 5:45 pm in Studio 1. Recommended for ages 9-13.
- New BODYPUMP with Brandee: This low-weight, high-rep Les Mills barbell workout meets Wednesdays at 10:30 am.
- Attention cyclists: Monday evening Indoor Cycle is back! Join Emily at 6 pm for a cardio workout that will leave you feeling great!
Learn the benefits of I AM™ Yoga Nidra through this special workshop series hosted by Sandy Kline. Practice relaxation and meditation techniques that will help you reduce stress and improve sleep. Classes meet every Sunday through November 24, 2019. Cost per session: $20 members/$25 non-members
- Session I (October 20): Imbalance of Tension and Relaxation
- Session II (October 27): Causes of Stress
- Session III (November 3): Effects of Stress on Health
- Session IV (November 10): Breathe
- Session V (November 17): Stress and Habits
- Session VI (November 24): The Relaxation Response
Santa Claus is coming to the Susan M. Duncan Family YMCA to read stories and even grab a healthy workout! Festivities will include cookie decorating, winter fun, crafts, and a carriage ride. Come join the fun and see Santa on:
- December 2, 9 to 11 am – Workout with Santa
- December 6, 5 to 7 pm – WinterFest! Stories with Santa and Tree Lighting!