YMCA youth volleyball is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of volleyball. In YMCA youth volleyball, boys and girls learn the fundamentals of the game, from game strategy, rules, and mechanics, to basic volleyball techniques, including passing, setting, bumping and hitting. Focus is on friendly competition, while developing individual skills, fostering teamwork, and building confidence in every player.
Volleyball leagues are offered for kids in third grade through eighth grade. Youth volleyball teams practice once per week and play at least one match a week.
In the north metro Denver area, YMCA youth volleyball teams play at locations across Thornton, CO and Northglenn, CO.
The Adams County YMCA offers volleyball leagues during the following seasons:
- Spring 2020 Registration: January 13 - February 14
- Spring 2020 Season: March 9 - May 9
- Fall 1 2020 Registration: June 15 - July 17
- Fall 1 2020 Season: September 8 - October 24
- Winter 2020 Registration: November 4 - December 6 Registration now open! Click here for more info and to register
- Winter 2020 Season: January 6 - February 29