From dribbling, to lay-ups, to free throws, YMCA youth basketball teaches the fundamentals of basketball and provides kids ages 3 to 18 with a positive basketball experience. Through regular practices and games, teammates gain a strong knowledge of basketball, from shooting, to passing, to blocking and more. Plus they have fun and learn teamwork, which leads to a lifelong love of the sport.
In Arvada, YMCA youth basketball teams play and practice at the Susan M. Duncan Family YMCA.
The Duncan YMCA offers basketball in the following seasons.
- Spring 2019 Registration: January 14th - February 15th Registration open where space is available. Contact the sports department to register.
- Spring 2019 Season: March 11th - May 11th
- Fall 2 2019 Registration: August 19 - September 20
- Fall 2 2019 Season: October 14 - December 14
- Winter 2020 Registration: November 11 - December 13
- Winter 2020 Season: January 13 - March 7