Arvada YMCA youth volleyball is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of volleyball. In YMCA youth volleyball, boys and girls learn the fundamentals of the game, from game strategy, rules, and mechanics, to basic volleyball techniques, including passing, setting, bumping and hitting. Focus is on friendly competition, while developing individual skills, fostering teamwork, and building confidence in every player.
Volleyball leagues are offered for kids in third grade through eighth grade. Youth volleyball teams practice once per week and play at least one match a week.
The Duncan YMCA in Arvada offers volleyball leagues during the following seasons:
- Fall 1 2020 Registration: June 22 - July 17 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Click here for more info and to register
- Fall 1 2020 Season: August 10 - October 3
- Fall 2 2020 Registration: August 17 - September 18
- Fall 2 2020 Season: October 12 - December 12
- Winter 2020 Registration: November 4 - December 6
- Winter 2020 Season: January 6 - February 29
- Spring 2021 Dates TBD