****SUMMER 2020 UPDATE****
As summer nears, we want to thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging time and determine how best to serve our families this year.
During the last week, we have learned from our partners that several locations will not allow YMCA day camps this summer, including Jeffco County Schools, Denver Public Schools and Denver Parks and Rec locations.
We know this is very inconvenient for many families and we assure you that we have done everything possible to find alternative sites to host child care programs this summer. We will also continue to explore creative solutions at our wellness centers so we can serve as many children as possible.
That said, we are transitioning to provide summer child care programs at the following locations:
Susan M. Duncan YMCA, 6350 Eldridge St, Arvada, CO 80004
Dartmouth Elementary, 3050 S Laredo St., Aurora, CO 80013
Edna and John Mosley P-8, 55 N. Salida Way, Aurora, CO 80011
Murphy Creek K-8, 1400 S. Old Tom Morris Road, Aurora, CO 80018
Wheeling Elementary, 472 S Wheeling St, Aurora, CO 80012
Wheatland, 6601 South Wheatlands Parkway, Aurora, CO 80016
Downtown Denver YMCA: 25 E. 16th Ave B., Denver, CO 80202
Southwest Family YMCA: 5181 W. Kenyon Ave., Denver, CO 80236
Schlessman Family YMCA: 2625 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80210
Western Hills Elementary School, 7725 Conifer Rd, Denver, CO 80221
Glendale Sports Center Managed by the YMCA, 4500 E. Kentucky Ave., Glendale, CO 80246
If your child’s summer camp location has been cancelled, we are offering families two options to move forward:
- To transfer your current camp registrations to a new child care location:
Please emails us the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (To ensure equity we can only take requests via email):
1) Childs Name 2) Location of current camp registration 3) New location requesting and 4) if it is for all weeks registered or if only a few weeks please specify. Please note these locations have limited capacity and transfers will be facilitated on a first come/first served basis there is no guarantee that there will be space available.
- We understand that this current situation might lead you to reconsider joining us for summer programming this year. We would appreciate if you let us know by Monday, May 18 if you intend to cancel your registration. Those who cancel their entire summer camp registration by May 18 will receive a full refund of registration fees and deposits. (partial cancellations will not receive a full refund) Please complete the cancellation process here.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted many areas of our lives, including summer at the YMCA. Our protocols, schedules, programming and procedures will be adjusted, and additional precautionary measures will be taken to uphold the highest possible standard of hygiene and sanitation practices, and illness prevention.
That said, the following modifications will be made to our summer child care program:
- Within each location we will divide kids into small groups of 7-9 + one staff member
- We will have our partners come to the YMCA to provide programing for our programs in lieu of field trips
- Capacity will be extremely limited
- We will add e-learning to all programs
Please note, we may adjust our program as the summer progresses and new information is brought to light. This is our current plan for the month of June.
We are working through a very challenging landscape and appreciate your patience as we redefine summer 2020.