YMCA Teen Summer Programs
At the YMCA, teenagers have opportunities to get involved, give back, and develop leadership skills that will help them in school, life, and their future. The Y is where teens can discover their potential and become inspirations to others — as young people, as community members, and as tomorrow’s leaders.
Y leaders program introduces teens (grades 6th –8th) to service learning during three-day sessions (Tu/Wed/Th) from 9:00am to 4:30pm. Tuesdays, teens focus on learning about a global problem facing society. Through fun activities developed by our staff youth will understand the importance of an issue and grow their leadership skills to give back. Wednesdays are dedicated to a service project planned by our YMCA staff and community partners. Projects are coordinated to ensure a safe work environment, as well as challenge our younger teens. Youth are expected to participate in work projects, many of which will take place outdoors. Thursday, a planned field trip will be a fun end to their camp week. Locations are listed below. $185 for the week.
- June 2 – June 4 at Edna and John Mosley P-8 (55 N. Salida Way, Aurora CO 80011)
- June 9 – June 11 at Edna and John Mosley P-8 (55 N. Salida Way, Aurora CO 80011)
- June 16 – June 18 at Schlessman YMCA (3901 E Yale Avenue, Denver CO 80210)
- June 23 – June 25 at Schlessman YMCA (3901 E Yale Avenue, Denver CO 80210)
- June 30 – July 2 at Duncan YMCA (6350 S. Eldridge St, Arvada CO 80004)
- July 7 – July 9 at Duncan YMCA(6350 S. Eldridge St, Arvada CO 80004)
- July 14 – July 16 at Littleton YMCA (11 W. Dry Creek Ct., Littleton CO 80120)
- July 21 – July 23 at Littleton YMCA (11 W. Dry Creek Ct., Littleton CO 80120)