Versatile. Valued. Vital. Be a YMCA Volunteer!
To fully serve our communities, the YMCA depends on the talent and contributions of our dedicated volunteers.
There are so many ways to give back through the YMCA, and every one makes a difference.
Help is welcomed during the holidays and year-round, and a variety of volunteer opportunities are available:
- Program support. Provide hands-on help by coaching a team, mentoring a teen, assisting members, or helping run programs.
- Philanthropy. Help raise money for scholarships and financial aid, so that the YMCA will always be available and accessible to everyone.
- Special events. Assist with planning, promoting, and hosting events that strengthen our community.
- YMCA policies. Serve on a board or committee and help create the future of the YMCA.
As a YMCA volunteer, you’ll directly impact the lives of people, families, children, and seniors, and help make our community stronger. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Explore your interests and passions
- Attend trainings to broaden your personal and professional skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Meet new connections and friends
- Learn, grow, and have fun
Teens 14 and older are encouraged to participate. Volunteering at the Y is a great way to get involved and earn community service hours for high school requirements.
To protect our members and program participants, the YMCA conducts a national and state criminal background check on all staff and volunteers.
Join our volunteer team today!
Opportunities are available throughout the Denver metro area. Contact:
Robyn Hills, Volunteer Director at 720 524 2707 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To volunteer in Youth Sports, please contact Brady Lyons at 303 422 4977 or email at email@example.com
The YMCA greatly values volunteers and the gift of their time. As with all YMCA programs, the safety of children and participants is paramount. To help protect participants, the YMCA conducts a criminal background check on all staff and volunteers. This background check does not include a check of people’s credit history. It does include a check of criminal records in the State of Colorado and across the United States.