The Y is a community, a refuge from the stresses of daily life and a place of balance, wellness and recovery. In the worst of times, we are a safety net and support system that helps our neighbors overcome the most difficult moments of their lives.
During this unprecedented and challenging time, the YMCA has been actively monitoring the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking steps to adhere to guidelines of both the CDC and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and we are moving forward committed to the safety and well-being of our members, program participants, staff and volunteers.
EMERGENCY CHILD CARE
With the support and assistance of local partners, the Y is offering full-day childcare. This program is for critical use — parents who are first responders, medical personnel or essential workers who need childcare to be able to work and support their families.
To address food insecurity in our community and in partnership with Food Bank of the Rockies, the YMCA is distributing food at locations throughout the metro area. Please check back for more dates and locations:
Fri, 3/27 from 2-6 pm: Aurora 13693 E Iliff Ave, Aurora, CO 80014 (in the HR Block building)
Monday, 3/30 from 2-6 pm: Aurora 13693 E Iliff Ave, Aurora, CO 80014 (in the HR Block building)
Tuesday, 3/31 from 2-6 pm: Duncan YMCA 6350 Eldridge Street, Arvada, CO 80004
Wednesday, 4/1 from 2-6 pm: Schlessman 2625 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80222
Thursday, 4/2 from 2-6 pm: Southwest, 5181 W Kenyon Ave, Denver, CO 80236
Friday, 4/3 from 2-6 pm: Glendale Sports Center, 4500 E Kentucky Ave, Denver, CO 80246
SUPPORT THIS CRITICAL WORK
Donate to help us now and long into the future. Your gift also ensures that once this crisis is over, the Y is still able to provide life-changing and life-saving programs, services and community to our neighbors in need.
During this unprecedented crisis, we ask you to continue to support the Y by maintaining your membership or make a donation. However, we understand that this is a challenging time for many, we have options to help.
YOUTH PROGRAM POLICIES
Early Childhood Education
- All ECE will remain open to serve parents and support families.
- Staff perform extra cleaning procedures hourly and overnight.
- Parent tours are suspended.
- Members and children will be required to wash hands upon entry.
- Health screenings will be conducted at check-ins, and children exhibiting symptoms will be asked to go home.
Out of School Time (OST)
- Out of School Time programs held at schools are closed based on school district closures.
- To support families already enrolled in YMCA OST programs and in districts where school has been cancelled, we have added full day programing at a limited number of YMCA locations. To register families should contact their current site director.
YMCA Youth Sports
Youth sports has been postponed. More info coming soon.
March YMCA Program Payments
During this unprecedented time, we are working hard to support our Y families, staff and families of first responders. Donations help make this work possible. Credits for March payments will be processed starting April 1. At that time, you can apply your credit to future programming or donate your credit to help support the Y. Please consider giving.
Let’s stay safe together!