The Y is a community, a refuge from the stresses of daily life and a place of balance, wellness and recovery. In the worst of times, we are a safety net and support system helping our neighbors overcome the most difficult moments of their lives.
During this unprecedented and challenging time, the YMCA has been actively monitoring the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking steps to adhere to guidelines of both the CDC and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and we are moving forward committed to the safety and well-being of our members, program participants, staff and volunteers.
EMERGENCY CHILD CARE ENDS MAY 22
The last day of emergency child care at the YMCA will be Friday, May 22. If you need child care this summer please visit our summer child care page to learn more about options with the YMCA.
To address food insecurity in our community and in partnership with Food Bank of the Rockies, the YMCA is distributing food at locations throughout the metro area. Please check back for more dates and locations:
- Tuesday 5/26 from 2-4 pm: Duncan 6350 Eldridge Street, Arvada, CO 80004
- Wednesday, 5/27 from 2-4 pm: Schlessman 2625 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80222
- Thursday, 5/28 from 2-4 pm: Southwest, 5181 W Kenyon Ave, Denver, CO 80236
- Friday 5/29 from 2-4 pm: Glendale 4500 E Kentucky Ave, Denver, CO 80246
Downtown YMCA, 25 E 16th Ave, Denver, CO 80202:
- Tuesday, 5/26 from 10:30am-3:15pm | Schedule Appointment
Southlands, 6295 S. Main St Unit 104, Aurora, CO 80016:
- Wednesday, 5/27 from 8:30am-1:15pm | Schedule Appointment
SUPPORT THIS CRITICAL WORK
Donate to help us now and long into the future. Your gift also ensures that once this crisis is over, the Y is still able to provide life-changing and life-saving programs, services and community to our neighbors in need.
At the Y, we are working together with many community organizations to meet the needs of the most vulnerable. Find resources for food, utilities, health and more.
Enjoy a variety of virtual resources curated by our youth development and health and wellness experts.
During this unprecedented crisis, we ask you to continue to support the Y by maintaining your membership or making a donation. However, we understand that this is a challenging time for many, and we have options to help.
YOUTH PROGRAM POLICIES
Early Childhood Education
- All ECE will remain open to serve parents and support families.
- Staff perform extra cleaning procedures hourly and overnight.
- Parent tours are suspended.
- Members and children will be required to wash hands upon entry.
- Health screenings will be conducted at check-ins, and children exhibiting symptoms will be asked to go home.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation during this difficult situation. Rest assured that Y leadership is prepared to respond quickly as conditions and recommendations from the CDC and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment change. In the meantime, we will continue to follow best practices and be a resource for health and wellness for our Y families.
Let’s stay safe together!