WHAT: The YMCA of Metro Denver will reopen the doors to all metro Denver wellness centers on Monday, June 15. While the State of Colorado allowed fitness centers to open on June 5, the Y is taking some extra precautionary measures, including additional staff training and fine-tuning health and safety requirements to ensure the highest possible standards are met.
Following guidance from the state, all Y Wellness Centers will initiate a phased approach to reopening that will allow a slow and safe return to normal operations. A list of guidelines are available at www.denverymca.org/welcome-back.
Key changes at all sites include the following:
- Hand Sanitizer and cleaning stations will be located throughout wellness centers
- Staff, members, vendors and guests will be required to complete a daily health questionnaire and temperature check upon entering the building
- Masks will be required for members walking to and from activities
- Equipment will be spaced out accordingly to ensure social distancing
- Fitness class capacity will be limited, and members will need to reserve access to classes through our website or app
- Gymnasiums will be closed to basketball, pickleball or racquetball
- Members should disinfect equipment before and after use and wash hands before and after their workouts
- Locker rooms will be open, social distancing will be required
All members of the YMCA of Metro Denver will receive more detailed information about the reopening plan, as well as details on what they can expect on their return to the Y.
WHEN: Monday, June 15, 2020
Wellness Center hours have been adjusted as follows to allow for increased cleaning and sanitation:
Monday – Friday: 6 – 10 a.m. and 4 – 8 p.m.
*We will offer special hours for active adults on weekdays from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (at all locations except downtown)
Saturdays: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
WHERE: The following YMCA of Metro Denver locations will resume fitness center use, limited group exercise classes and some additional programming:
- Schlessman Family YMCA - 3901 E. Yale Ave., Denver
- Susan M. Duncan Family YMCA – 6350 Eldridge St., Arvada
- Downtown Denver YMCA – 25 E. 16th Ave, Unit B, Denver
- Littleton Family YMCA – 11 W. Dry Creek Court, Littleton
- Southwest Family YMCA - 5181 W. Kenyon Blvd., Denver
For the latest information on reopening procedures and updated hours of operation, please visit our website at www.denverymca.org/welcome-back.
About the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver
The YMCA of Metropolitan Denver is dedicated to the health and well being of all. As a catalyst to transform lives and communities, our programs are embedded throughout metro Denver in wellness centers and through partnerships with other nonprofits and community-serving agencies. Each year, the Y brings together over 62,000 children, teens, members, and volunteers to develop a new generation of change-makers, deliver lifestyle medicine and uplift communities. The Y is one of 2,700 YMCA organizations nationwide, collectively helping more than 21 million people learn, grow, and thrive. To join, donate, or get more information, visit www.denverymca.org.