More than a gym or a place to workout, the Schlessman Family YMCA features a strong sense of community. Amenities include community events, a lap pool, warm water pool, gym and the latest fitness equipment, along with a wide variety of fitness classes, water aerobics classes, pilates reformers and massage therapy. The Schlessman Family YMCA also offers senior activities, disease prevention programs and senior fitness classes. For kids, the Y is a go-to spot for quality childcare, preschool, swim lessons and year-round youth sports.
Schlessman Family YMCA
While Denver Public Schools are on break, there is still a safe and fun place for kids to come: The YMCA. Bring them to Kids Day Out for themed crafts, games, and swimming. Stay active, beat boredom.
Sessions are 9 am - 12 pm, for children age 6 - 12. Registered by the day. $20 per day, per child. For more information, contact Claire Eades.
- Jan. 15 - Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!
Senior Center Happenings for January 2018
- Beginning in the New Year, the Senior Center will not be open on Saturdays, but the 9:30 am. Saturday yoga will continue.
- The Colorado Building will be closed Monday, Jan. 15, in honor of Martin Luther King Day. All Monday classes in the Colorado Building will be cancelled.
- Join the fun for a senior field trip to Dazzle Jazz! Sign up will be required. Stay tuned for more details.
- January 19 is National Popcorn Day! To celebrate, join us on that day for popcorn and a movie at 1 pm.
- Looking for a volunteer: The plants in the Senior Center stairwell/foyer area and the Yale building need a new caretaker. The volunteer opportunity involves watering all the plants, and takes roughly 30 minutes per week. If you are interested in helping at the Schlessman YMCA, please contact BJ Bachman at 720 524 2776.
Designed to increase body awareness and confidence, through our Hula Hoop class participants will decorate their own hoop, explore different movement styles and just have fun! Registration is for a 6 week session and includes a hoop. Thursdays, 4:30-5:30p
Need an outlet to burn some energy after school? This Gladiator Training club will explore different ways to use our active bodies! From obstacle courses, games, swimming and even some shadow boxing, this class is guaranteed fun!
Get your little ones dancing in our multi-level ballet or tap dance programs, both begin in January.