Aquaforce Swim Team
The Susan M. Duncan YMCA offers year-round competitive swimming for kids ages 5 and up. We teach and train all levels of swimmers while emphasizing individual progress, family participation, good sportsmanship, individual integrity and team play.
Our swimming program is sanctioned by USA Swimming and thus meets approved criteria for rules, officials, timing, distances, and coach certification.
(Membership in USA Swimming is required. Register here.)
Arvada’s Aquaforce teams are divided into three groups based on each swimmer’s age and the coach’s evaluation of the swimmer’s ability.
- Ideal for entry-level, novice swimmers
- Learn the fundamentals of competitive swimming
- Focus on breaststroke, butterfly, and starts and turns
- Improve freestyle and backstroke
- Optional meets
To join Group I, swimmers must be able to swim 50 yards of legal freestyle with rotary breathing and backstroke. Not ready? Check out our swim lessons.
- Prepares swimmers for high levels of competition
- Focuses on skills necessary to be a successful competitive swimmer, such as clock management, training etiquette, stroke technique, starts and turns, and training and race strategies
- High-performance training
- Designed for swimmers competing at the state, regional, and national levels
- Focuses on building a strong aerobic base and enhancing stroke technique, starts and turns, and racing strategies
- Includes goal-setting sessions with the coach to set objectives for each season.
With all Aquaforce groups:
- Practices are two to five times per week for 45 to 90 minutes each
- Practices take place at the Arvada Y, and meets are held at various locations
- Financial assistance and scholarships may be available
- Schedules are flexible – Swimmers can start and stop the program as needed
Registration is now open. For more information on schedules and rates, contact Teresa at 303 422 4977 or firstname.lastname@example.org.