From dribbling, to lay-ups, to free throws, YMCA youth basketball teaches the fundamentals of basketball and provides kids ages 3 to 18 with a positive basketball experience. Through regular practices and games, teammates gain a strong knowledge of basketball, from shooting, to passing, to blocking and more. Plus they have fun and learn teamwork, which leads to a lifelong love of the sport.
In Arvada, YMCA youth basketball teams play and practice at the Susan M. Duncan Family YMCA.
The Duncan YMCA offers basketball in the following seasons.
- Fall 2 2018 Registration: August 20 - September 23 Online registration closed. Contact the sports department to register.
- Fall 2 2018 Season: October 15 - December 15
- Winter 2019 Registration: November 5 - December 7 Registration Now Open - click here to register and for more info
- Winter 2019 Season: January 7 - March 3
- Spring 2019 Registration: January 14th - February 15th
- Spring 2019 Season: March 11th - May 11th