Arvada YMCA youth volleyball is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of volleyball. In YMCA youth volleyball, boys and girls learn the fundamentals of the game, from game strategy, rules, and mechanics, to basic volleyball techniques, including passing, setting, bumping and hitting. Focus is on friendly competition, while developing individual skills, fostering teamwork, and building confidence in every player.
Volleyball leagues are offered for kids in third grade through eighth grade. Youth volleyball teams practice once per week and play at least one match a week.
The Duncan YMCA in Arvada offers volleyball leagues during the following seasons:
- Fall 1 2018 Registration: June 18 - July 20
- Fall 1 2018 Season: August 13 - October 6
- Fall 2 2018 Registration: August 20 - September 21 Online registration closed. Contact the sports department to register.
- Fall 2 2018 Season: October 15 - December 15
- Winter 2019 Registration: November 5 - December 7
- Winter 2019 Season: January 7 - March 2
- Spring 2019 Registration: Januray 14th - February 15th
- Spring 2019 Season: March 11th - May 11th