From t-ball, to coach-pitch, to player-pitch, Aurora YMCA youth baseball teaches kids in preschool to sixth grade the fundamentals of the sport. Kids learn proper bat swinging, throwing and catching techniques, while discovering teamwork and sportsmanship, having fun, and developing a lifelong love of the game.
Youth baseball teams practice once per week and play at least one game a week. All players play, and rules ensure no player spends the season on the bench.
Teams are co-ed, and divisions include: 1st/2nd grade coach-pitch, 3rd/4th grade machine pitch, and 5th/6th grade player-pitch.
Preschool and kindergarten baseball leagues feature family-friendly schedules with shorter, back-to-back practices and games.
The Aurora YMCA offers baseball during the following seasons:
- Fall I 2018 Registration: June 18 - July 20. Regular registration closed. Please contact the Sports Department for info on late registration.
- Fall I 2018 Season: August 13 - October 6
- Spring 2019 Registration: February 4 - March 8
- Spring 2019 Season: April 1 - May 18
- Summer 2019 Registration: April 15 - May 19
- Summer 2019 Season: June 10 - August 3