YMCA youth volleyball is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of volleyball. In YMCA youth volleyball, boys and girls learn the fundamentals of the game, from game strategy, rules, and mechanics, to basic volleyball techniques, including passing, setting, bumping and hitting. Focus is on friendly competition, while developing individual skills, fostering teamwork, and building confidence in every player.
Volleyball leagues are offered for kids in third grade through eighth grade. Youth volleyball teams practice once per week and play at least one match a week.
In the north metro Denver area, YMCA youth volleyball teams play at locations across Thornton, CO and Northglenn, CO.
The Adams County YMCA offers volleyball leagues during the following seasons:
- Winter 2019 Registration: November 5 - December 7 Registration closed
- Winter 2019 Season: January 7 - March 2
- Spring 2019 Registration: January 14 - February 15 Registration Now Open - Click here for more info and to register
- Spring 2019 Season: March 11 - May 11
- Fall 1 2019 Registration: June 17 - July 19
- Fall 1 2019 Season: September 3 - october 19