YMCA Program Release for Participants: I have been advised of and fully understand the inherent risks associated with the YMCA programs and events. On behalf of me, my child, and our respective heirs and assigns, hereby release, and agree to hold harmless, the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver, Denver Nuggets, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., the Pepsi Center, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, owners, players and all agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, liabilities, and losses that relate in any way to any injury (including death) to my child’s person or property. I give my permission (without any compensation) to use any photographs, film footage, tape recordings which include me or my child’s image, voice or likeness to promote YMCA programs. This Release shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Colorado.. I, (i) have read the Release, (ii) understand its content, (iii) am over the age of 18, (iv) am my child’s parent or guardian, (v) sign this Release voluntarily on my child’s behalf and intend for it to be legally binding, and (vii) acknowledge that I have had an opportunity and was advised to seek guidance from counsel regarding this Release. In the event that my payment is returned unpaid, it will be collected electronically. I understand that my account will also be charge $20 for collection service (or the maximum amount allowed by law) and that I will be responsible for any other associated collection costs.
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child and other children participating in youth sports by following this Parent’s Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will require that my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the
Coaches’ Code of Conduct.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth – not adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching