Construction began early November on exciting changes to the Schlessman Y. We were fortunate to receive bequests from some generous donors that were designated strictly for capital improvements, so we are making improvements to the facilities that will greatly benefit our members.
What's ahead, we are:
- Working on a new lobby area adding more space for members and program participants to sit and gather.
- Expanding the fitness floor with functional fitness training space.
- Expanding the cycling and Pilates reformer studios.
- Adding new e-Gym equipment that allows you to program and track your personal settings (weight, seat and positions). You will be able to simply swipe a fob and be on your way to a 30-minute, full-body workout. See it in action here.
- Adding a lower-level studio near the locker rooms.
How did we develop the plan?
In 2018 and 2019, we asked Schlessman members what we could do to improve their experience. In several town hall meetings, surveys, and focus groups, you told us: facility improvements were your number one request - more room and new equipment! We prioritized your input with the budget and developed a plan that would have the greatest reach.
What’s the timeline?
Renovations started the week of November 2 and are set to finish by December 18.
How do I stay up to date?
Use the YMCA mobile app to get notifications on the latest updates or check back to this page.
I love the community room and kitchen in the Yale Building! Why are you removing it?
We know the community room was important. In 2021, we will establish a larger open kitchen and community space in the in the Colorado Building. Stay tuned for more news on that in the coming months.
What construction inconveniences can I expect?
Our construction contractors will do their best to minimize inconveniences to our members and program participants. You can expect contractors entering and exiting the building, some noise and dust and, at times, some areas that may be inaccessible. Rest assured – we will advise when those areas will be unavailable. Make sure you are signed up for our mobile app notifications!
We are making every effort to ensure everyone stays safe as they go between the buildings and parking areas.
Please take the following safety precautions:
- Follow onsite instructions for where to walk and drive
- Let us know if you see something that could be unsafe
- Give yourself more time when traveling to and from the Y
- Drive slowly and be extra alert in the parking lots