YMCA youth volleyball is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of volleyball. In YMCA youth volleyball, boys and girls learn the fundamentals of the game, from game strategy, rules, and mechanics, to basic volleyball techniques, including passing, setting, bumping and hitting. Focus is on friendly competition, while developing individual skills, fostering teamwork, and building confidence in every player.
Volleyball leagues are offered for kids in third grade through eighth grade. Youth volleyball teams practice once per week and play at least one match a week.
The Southwest YMCA offers volleyball leagues during the following seasons:
- Spring 2019 Registrtion: January 14th - February 15th Registration closed
- Spring 2019 Season: March 11th - May 11th
- Fall 1 2019 Registration: June 17 - July 19 Registration Now Open! Click here for more info and to register
- Fall 1 2019 Season: August 12 - October 5
- Fall 2 2019 Registration: August 19 - September 20
- Fall 2 2019 Season: October 14 - December 14
- Winter 2020 Registration: November 11 - December 13
- Winter 2020 Season: January 13 - March 7