Thank you for persevering and doing your part to stay safe and stop the spread of coronavirus. Continue reading for an overview of our new policies, as well as where to find updates as more information becomes available.
There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our members and staff. Our plan to welcome you back closely follows the guidelines released by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety. We will deliberately phase-in areas and amenities of low risk as we grow back to full capacity and resume programs.
Please note: The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is still recommending that people 60 years and older and those with chronic conditions remain at home as much as possible, which may mean coming back to the YMCA is not the right choice for these individuals right now.
Statewide Mask Order
The State of Colorado issued an executive order that requires that people 3+ years and older must wear a mask in public indoor and outdoor spaces. This will impact both members and program participants. EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 20: Masks must be worn during outdoor fitness classes and other outdoor activities.
Anyone in our Ys must wear a mask while entering the facility, walking around the facility, during workouts (except swimming) and leaving the facility.
Members should wear a mask up until the time they begin their lap swimming. There are medical exemptions, if you have a medical exemption, please let the front desk know. You will receive a wristband to wear while in our facility.
Thank you for helping us comply with this mandate. Compliance is integral to keeping our doors open.
***We will no longer provide guest passes for members or accept YMCA members from outside the state of Colorado.***
Schlessman, Littleton, Southwest and Duncan YMCAs:
- Mon to Fri: 5:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mon to Fri for Active Older Adults (ages 60+) and immunocompromised: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Sat: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sun: closed
** Non seniors/immunocompromised are asked to exit by 10 a.m. and return after 11:30 a.m.
***Members are limited to one hour visit to the YMCA***
- Open to all members:
Monday - Friday: 5:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. & 2:30 - 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday - Friday we will close for cleaning: 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
***Members are limited to one hour visit to the YMCA***
Reservations will still be required for all fitness classes and lap swimming.
UPDATE TO THE CHECK IN PROCESS: Capacity in all spaces within the wellness centers will be limited. On check in, staff will ask you which area you would like to reserve during your visit, we will note your destination and alert you to any capacity limits within a certain space (Cardio, strength training etc.). If capacity in a certain space is at the limit at the time your visit, you will have the option of selecting a different space in the facility to work out in that is not at capacity, returning at a later time or waiting in your car until a spot opens up. Based on current usage, we do not expect there to be many capacity issues.
- Cardio equipment may be moved throughout the wellness center to disperse our members and expand the equipment in each space.
- Class schedules will change. Please consult the reservation page to confirm start times and studio locations. Also, please be diligent in cancelling your reservations for classes and lap swimming.
- Please remain in the space you reserved at check-in. Do not go between spaces.
- Please limit your visits to one hour.
- Masks are now required for outdoor classes and events.
- Each space (rooms and studios) and the pool have individual capacities based on their square footage.
- If you come in for a fitness class, please do not go into another space without checking in with the front desk to see if space is available.
- There will be no pick-up games allowed on the basketball courts. Reservations are required for a single basket and everyone playing must be from the same household/membership account.
Aquatics and Swim Lessons
Lap swimming is limited to a single lane only. Reservations are required.
- Swim lessons will continue to be offered. Parents will not be allowed to be on the pool deck during lessons. We will have extra Y staff on deck to help with swim students.
Youth Development / Child Watch
You’ll see more kids at our wellness centers during the daytime. The Y is a licensed childcare facility and all Y Academy Preschool and Out of School Time programs (providing full day remote learning care) are considered critical for working parents and remain open. These programs are separate from our other spaces and exclusive of our capacity restrictions.
Masks are required for ages 3+ during both indoors and outdoor activities
- No Child Watch will be available at any wellness center.
We appreciate your understanding as we adapt to these new guidelines in order to keep our wellness centers open and available. We encourage you to continue healthy habits, stay connected and strong whether it is at our wellness centers or at home. Don’t forget there are also a number of virtual options are available to you.
Open Gym Time and Racquetball Courts Open
We will limit open gym time and racquetball courts reopen. Open Gym requires reservations for a single basketball hoop, groups are limited to up to four players and all players must be YMCA members. There will be no pick-up games or whole court games allowed. Members are encouraged to bring their own basketball or check out a basketball from our front desk. We will not be offering pickleball at this time.
Racquetball courts will also require reservations for 45 minute blocks. Up to two players per reservation. YMCA members only. Members are required to bring their own racquetball equipment.
Fitness Class Schedule
- Members are required to complete a temperature check upon entering the building.
- Only staff, vendors, campers, child watch kids and guests are required to complete a daily health questionnaire and temperatures checks upon entering the building.
- Anyone in our Ys must wear a mask while entering the facility, walking around the facility, while working out and leaving the facility.
- When possible each location has set traffic patterns to create one-way traffic
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning stations are provided throughout the facility
- Facility check-ins are limited per state guidelines
- Time is limited on all cardio equipment to 45 minutes
- Locker rooms are open for showers and restroom use
- Members must disinfect equipment and lockers before and after use
- No mats, bands or blocks will be available in fitness classes; members can bring in their own equipment (exception: BodyPump classes will have disinfected barbells and bars for member's use)
Activities/Amenities NOT available
- Pickleball is closed to members
- We are not allowing YMCA members from other states or guests of members visit the YMCA at this time.
- For the safety of our members and staff, towel service will no longer be offered – this is a permanent change
- Coffee and other refreshments will not be available at this time
- Please remember all personal items, we will not provide lost and found services
- Water fountains: No drinking directly from the fountain. Bottle filling stations will be open.
- Saunas, hot tubs and/or steam rooms will be closed
- Lock service will not be offered
- There will be no overnight locker rentals
If you placed your membership on hold during the closure with instructions to reactivate upon reopening, your account was automatically reactivated on June 15th. If you requested your hold go past our reopening date but would like to reactivate your membership now, please email email@example.com. Accounts reactivated on any day other than the account draft date will be charged a prorated amount for the month. To cancel your membership please click here for a cancellation form.
How to Stay Updated
Not getting emails?
If you’re a member of the Y, we primarily communicate with you via email. We ask that you log into your YMCA account here to make sure that your contact information is up to date. Once you log in, click on the edit pencil next to your address to make any changes to your contact information.
The YMCA Member App is an easy-to-use resource for improved wellness and instant updates from the YMCA. Now, the app is improved with new features, a refreshed look and feel, updated icons and faster loading speeds. Download it now for convenience, fitness and community!
As with any newly emerging infectious disease, knowledge evolves with time and recommendations may change. We are closely monitoring information from public health officials and will follow their prevention guidelines to help keep our facilities clean and our community healthy.
Adapting our programs
Now and into the future, we will continue to engage and serve all people where they are. This work includes:
- Live virtual workouts from our Y instructors (link)
- On-demand resources include workouts, tips for healthy living, and more (link)
- Provide resources for at-home activities for families
- Provide resources for at-home activities for seniors
- Ways to engage daily with us on Facebook and Instagram
- Continued outreach to vulnerable members, such as older adults and participants in chronic disease prevention programs
We’re so looking forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for staying with us.