Welcome to the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver
The YMCA of Metropolitan Denver is one of the city’s leading non-profits, uniting people, families, seniors and children in programs that improve health, promote learning and strengthen communities.
The Denver YMCA comprises five branches in Southwest Denver, Downtown, University Hills, Arvada and Littleton and 81 program centers (including schools, community HOAs and other sites). We serve more than 68,000 members, volunteers and program participants every year across the metro area. The Y has 145 full-time staff and 900 part-time staff and over 1,900 volunteers. We are also the #1 child care provider in Denver, engaging over 23,000 youth in child care, day camps and leadership programs.
Founded in 1875, the Denver Y is part of a nationwide network of 2,700 YMCA organizations. We are one of 64 YMCAs across the country that are recognized by Y-USA as a Diversity, Inclusion and Global Innovation YMCA.
The Denver YMCA is a member-based, cause-driven organization known for:
- Health and wellness resources and education
- Swim teams and lessons
- Year-round youth sports, including basketball, soccer, volleyball and more
- Volunteering and engagement
The Y also leads programs to address specific needs in our communities, including:
- Academic support to overcome achievement gaps and summer learning loss
- Youth mentoring
- Refugee support
- Diabetes prevention
- Wellness programs for people with cancer, mobility issues and Parkinson’s disease
- Recreation and respite for children with autism or other sensory issues
Denver YMCA members enjoy:
- Access to YMCAs across the U.S.
- Unlimited fitness classes – over 400 per week
- Two complimentary personal training sessions
- Savings on kids’ swim lessons, day camps, childcare and youth sports
For more information on the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver's non-profit status and current 990, please visit Guidestar: