Welcome to the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver
The YMCA of Metro Denver is one of the city’s leading non-profits, uniting people, families and seniors in programs and services that improve health, nurture children and uplift communities.
With multiple wellness centers throughout Southwest Denver, Downtown, University Hills, Arvada and Littleton, along with program centers at schools, community HOAs and partner sites, the Denver YMCA is embedded in communities, bringing health and well-being to all and creating places where people thrive and reach their fullest potential.
We serve more than 68,000 members, volunteers and program participants every year across the metro area. The Denver Y is also part of a nationwide network of 2,700 YMCA organizations.
For more than 140 years, we have been committed to helping our community be a better place for all by meeting some of our greatest needs. The YMCA is instrumental in:
- Improving education readiness and school achievement
- Strengthening and stabilizing families
- Reducing senior isolation
- Helping people understand, prevent and treat health issues
- Contributing to the health of our entire community
With a commitment to welcoming all, the Denver YMCA awards more than $1 million in financial aid every year for YMCA membership, programs and services.
Mission and Values
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Denver is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Our vision is strong communities dedicated to the health and well-being of all.
Our core values guide all our interactions and decisions.
- Respect: We treat each other and those we serve as we hope to be treated ourselves.
- Caring: We show a sincere concern for others and their well-being.
- Honesty: We are truthful in what we say and what we do, and we do not make promises we do not intend to keep.
- Responsibility: We are good stewards of our resources and our actions, and accountable to those we serve.
- Innovation: We harness creativity and solution minded and forward thinking.
For more information on the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver's non-profit status and current 990, please visit Guidestar: