Summer Childcare Programs
****SUMMER CAMP 2020 UPDATE****
We want to thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging time and determine how best to serve our families this year.
Several locations will not allow YMCA day camps this summer, including Jeffco County Schools, Denver Public Schools and Denver Parks and Rec locations.
That said, this summer we offer summer child care at the following locations, click on location to register:
Susan M. Duncan YMCA, 6350 Eldridge St, Arvada, CO 80004 (offering Preschool summer program and Adventure Camp for ages 9-13)
If your child’s summer camp location has been cancelled, we are offering families two options to move forward:
- To transfer your current camp registrations to a new child care location:
Please emails us the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (To ensure equity we can only take requests via email):
1) Childs Name 2) Location of current camp registration 3) New location requesting and 4) if it is for all weeks registered or if only a few weeks please specify. Please note these locations have limited capacity and transfers will be facilitated on a first come/first served basis there is no guarantee that there will be space available.
- We understand that this current situation might lead you to reconsider joining us for summer programming this year. You will need to cancel any existing camp registration's by May 31 to receive a full refund of registration fees and deposits. (partial cancellations will not receive a full refund) Please complete the cancellation process here.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted many areas of our lives, including summer at the YMCA. Our protocols, schedules, programming and procedures will be adjusted, and additional precautionary measures will be taken to uphold the highest possible standard of hygiene and sanitation practices, and illness prevention.
That said, the following modifications will be made to our summer child care program:
- Within each location we will divide kids into small groups of 7-9 + one staff member
- We will have our partners come to the YMCA to provide programing for our programs in lieu of field trips
- Capacity will be extremely limited
- We will add e-learning to all programs
Please note, we may adjust our program as the summer progresses and new information is brought to light. This is our current plan for the month of June.
We are working through a very challenging landscape and appreciate your patience as we redefine summer 2020.
In Arvada, the YMCA provides summer child care at Susan M. Duncan Family YMCA (also offering Kindercamp for kids 4-6 and Adventure Camp for 11-14)
In Aurora, the YMCA provides Summer Day Camp at Dartmouth Elementary, Edna and John Mosley P-8, Wheatlands, Wheeling and Murphy Creek K-8.
In Denver, the YMCA provides summer day camp at the YMCAs across the metro area.
In Glendale the YMCA operates summer day camp at Infinity Park.