****SUMMER CAMP 2020 UPDATE****
As summer nears, we want to thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging time and determine how best to serve our families this year.
During the last week, we have learned from our partners that several locations will not allow YMCA day camps this summer, including Jeffco County Schools, Denver Public Schools and Denver Parks and Rec locations.
We know this is very inconvenient for many families and we assure you that we have done everything possible to find alternative sites to host child care programs this summer. We will also continue to explore creative solutions at our wellness centers so we can serve as many children as possible.
Downtown Denver YMCA: 25 E. 16th Ave B., Denver, CO 80202
Southwest Family YMCA: 5181 W. Kenyon Ave., Denver, CO 80236
Schlessman Family YMCA: 2625 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80210
Western Hills Elementary School, 7725 Conifer Rd, Denver, CO 80221
If your child’s summer camp location has been cancelled, we are offering families two options to move forward:
- To transfer your current camp registrations to a new child care location:
Please emails us the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (To ensure equity we can only take requests via email):
1) Childs Name 2) Location of current camp registration 3) New location requesting and 4) if it is for all weeks registered or if only a few weeks please specify. Please note these locations have limited capacity and transfers will be facilitated on a first come/first served basis there is no guarantee that there will be space available.
- We understand that this current situation might lead you to reconsider joining us for summer programming this year. To recieve a full refund of day camp fees and deposits you must cancel by May 31. (partial cancellations will not receive a full refund) Please complete the cancellation process here.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted many areas of our lives, including summer at the YMCA. Our protocols, schedules, programming and procedures will be adjusted, and additional precautionary measures will be taken to uphold the highest possible standard of hygiene and sanitation practices, and illness prevention.
That said, the following modifications will be made to our summer child care program:
- Within each location we will divide kids into small groups of 7-9 + one staff member
- We will have our partners come to the YMCA to provide programing for our programs in lieu of field trips
- Capacity will be extremely limited
- We will add e-learning to all programs
Please note, we may adjust our program as the summer progresses and new information is brought to light. This is our current plan for the month of June.
We are working through a very challenging landscape and appreciate your patience as we redefine summer 2020.
Deposit and Registration Fee
Enter a $25 deposit for each session your child will attend, and a one-time $50 registration fee per child. Total all deposits along with the registration fee, and provide one payment for that amount, prior to attending. Weekly deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Through the generosity of YMCA donors, we offer a limited number of scholarships for summer camp. Scholarships are given on a first come, first serve basis, please complete the scholarship application here and submit all required documentation. We will not process incomplete applications. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
All campers must be at least 5 years old by May 25, 2020.
All Camps are closed on Memorial Day and third of July.
Conservatory Green at Stapleton (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Cook Park Recreation Center (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Denver Green School (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Dora Moore Elementary (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Downtown Denver Expeditionary School (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Downtown Denver YMCA
Holm Elementary (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Isabella Bird Community School (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Montclair Elementary (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Palmer Elementary School (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
Scheitler Recreation Center (***NOT AVAILABLE***)
**CAMP FULL, WAITING LIST ONLY**
Schlessman Family YMCA
Offering: Day Camp, Adventure Camp and Part-time Camp