Reclaim Health. LIVESTRONG.
Cancer support and wellness through YMCA and LIVESTRONG
Exercise can help you feel better – spiritually, mentally and physically – no matter your age or abilities. Also, it’s been proven that regular exercise releases endorphins, builds strength, and improves confidence and self-esteem.
These benefits are essential for everyone, and especially for people who are experiencing cancer.
Positive movement. Positive impact.
The LIVESTRONG program at the YMCA is a free, 12-week program that helps cancer survivors and people in cancer treatment heal and reclaim their health through exercise and encouragement.
Guided by the American College of Sports Medicine and American Cancer Society, the class features exercise methods that safely address the unique physical needs and concerns of people affected by cancer.
Through LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, participants:
- Rebuild muscle mass and strength
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Boost metabolism
- Reduce stress and fatigue
- Improve health of the spirit, mind, and body
- Learn wellness techniques that last long after the program
Health and wellness is also fostered by:
- Guidance from a professional staff specifically trained to work with people in cancer treatment or recovery
- A safe, supportive, and positive environment
- The warm spirit of community inherent in the YMCA
If cancer has impacted your life, this class can help you regain strength, confidence, and health.
- LIVESTRONG at the Downtown YMCA, Glendale Sports Center, Littleton Family YMCA, Schlessman Family YMCA and Southwest Family YMCA
- 24-90-minute sessions (Sessions meet twice a week for 12 weeks)
Our next session: October 1, 2020
Join us for our upcoming LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Support Group beginning Thursday, October 1, 2020 from 1-2:30 pm at the Southwest YMCA in Denver and Littleton YMCA. This 8-week in-person program is designed to bridge participants into the next full LIVESTRONG sessions, planned for early 2021. Capacity is limited, so reserve your space today by contacting Caitlin Stackpool at email@example.com or 720 664 6470.
Start healing now.
To learn more or determine your eligibility, contact Caitlin Stackpool at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720 664 6470.