Reclaim Health. LIVESTRONG.
Cancer support and wellness through YMCA and LIVESTRONG
Exercise can help you feel better – spiritually, mentally and physically – no matter your age or abilities. Also, it’s been proven that regular exercise releases endorphins, builds strength, and improves confidence and self-esteem.
These benefits are essential for everyone, and especially for people who are experiencing cancer.
Positive movement. Positive impact.
The Livestrong program at the YMCA is a free, 12-week program that helps cancer survivors and people in cancer treatment heal and reclaim their health through exercise and encouragement.
Guided by the American College of Sports Medicine and American Cancer Society, the class features exercise methods that safely address the unique physical needs and concerns of people affected by cancer.
Through LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, participants:
- Rebuild muscle mass and strength
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Boost metabolism
- Reduce stress and fatigue
- Improve health of the spirit, mind, and body
- Learn wellness techniques that last long after the program
Health and wellness is also fostered by:
- Guidance from a professional staff specifically trained to work with people in cancer treatment or recovery
- A safe, supportive, and positive environment
- The warm spirit of community inherent in the YMCA
If cancer has impacted your life, this class can help you regain strength, confidence, and health.
- Livestrong at the Schlessman Family YMCA, Glendale Sports Center, Littleton Family YMCA and Downtown YMCA
- 24-90-minute sessions (Sessions meet twice a week for 12 weeks)
Our next sessions
- Glendale Sports Center: TBA
- Downtown Denver YMCA: TBA
- Littleton Family YMCA: TBA
- Schlessman Family YMCA: TBA
- Susan M. Duncan YMCA: TBA
Start healing now.
To learn more or determine your eligibility, contact Monica Thompson at email@example.com or call 720 524 2747.