Reclaim Health. LIVESTRONG.
Cancer support and wellness through YMCA and LIVESTRONG
Exercise can help you feel better – spiritually, mentally and physically – no matter your age or abilities. Also, it’s been proven that regular exercise releases endorphins, builds strength, and improves confidence and self-esteem.
These benefits are essential for everyone, and especially for people who are experiencing cancer.
Positive movement. Positive impact.
The Livestrong program at the YMCA is a free, 12-week program that helps cancer survivors and people in cancer treatment heal and reclaim their health through exercise and encouragement.
Guided by the American College of Sports Medicine and American Cancer Society, the class features exercise methods that safely address the unique physical needs and concerns of people affected by cancer.
Through LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, participants:
- Rebuild muscle mass and strength
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Boost metabolism
- Reduce stress and fatigue
- Improve health of the spirit, mind, and body
- Learn wellness techniques that last long after the program
Health and wellness is also fostered by:
- Guidance from a professional staff specifically trained to work with people in cancer treatment or recovery
- A safe, supportive, and positive environment
- The warm spirit of community inherent in the YMCA
If cancer has impacted your life, this class can help you regain strength, confidence, and health.
- Livestrong at the Downtown YMCA, Glendale Sports Center, Littleton Family YMCA, Schlessman Family YMCA and Southwest Family YMCA
- 24-90-minute sessions (Sessions meet twice a week for 12 weeks)
Our next sessions
PLEASE NOTE: As a precaution to keep our community safe, all LIVESTRONG sessions are cancelled as of Friday, March 13, 2020. YMCA staff will be contacting all current participants with updated information. Thank you for your understanding. Learn more about Staying Safe Through Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Downtown Denver YMCA: Begins Summer 2020. Dates TBA.
- Glendale Sports Center: Begins Summer 2020. Dates TBA.
- Littleton Family YMCA: Begins Summer 2020. Dates TBA.
- Schlessman Family YMCA: Begins Summer 2020. Dates TBA.
- Southwest Family YMCA: Begins Summer 2020. Dates TBA.
- Susan M. Duncan YMCA: Begins Summer 2020. Dates TBA.
Start healing now.
To learn more or determine your eligibility, contact Caitlin Stackpool at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720 390 9459.