Mental health is how we think, feel and act.
See Upcoming December Events below!
Our model for mental health at the Y is about creating a space for community care. Y leaders practice caring for themselves as well as others.
Our community's mental health is reflective of the broader community. Developing and maintaining positive mental health enables individuals to realize their full potential, cope with stress, be productive and contribute in a meaningful way to their families, workplaces and communities.
Over the past ten years and during the COVID-19 pandemic, people experienced high levels of isolation, grief and a shift in their normal routines. The Y community is where we can learn and practice resilience - our ability to thrive, adapt and cope despite tough and stressful times. We can all practice connecting with ourselves, others and new coping skills that help us thrive.
Programs and our staff at the YMCA of Metro Denver:
Promote healthy, motivated, socially-connected adults who contribute to strong communities.
Support positive mental health among youth so they can successfully navigate the complexities of life, develop fulfilling relationships, adapt to change and realize their potential.
We all have mental health.
Cookie Decorating Night. Join us for cookie-making festivities, activities and prizes during Cookie Night at the Y. FREE and open to all ages. Cookies and decorative toppings to be provided.
Participants are invited to contribute a Target, Walmart or similar gift card to support our annual tradition of giving to our Out of school Time families this holiday season.
Dec. 6 | 5 - 7 PM | Littleton YMCA
Dec. 7 | 5 - 7 PM | Arvada, Aurora, Downtown, Southwest and University Hills YMCAs
Did you miss:
- "Depression and Anxiety 101: How to Recognize and How to Help." Watch here
- "Coping with Stress for Parents". Recording coming soon!
- "Kids and Technology" workshop sponsored by Children's Hospital Colorado. Listen to recording
- "Stress Management" workshop sponsored by Children's Hospital Colorado. Recording coming soon!
- "COVID-19 and Mental Health" workshop sponsored by Children's Hospital Colorado. Recording coming soon!
- "Building Resiliency" workshop sponsored by Children's Hospital Colorado. Listen to recording
- "Understanding Trauma" workshop? See the recording! Passcode: US7dH$eM
- Community Resource Guide Worksheet
- You Are Not Alone Community Resource Guide - English
- Suicide Prevention National Resource List
- Colorado Children's Hospital
- Denver Health
- City of Denver - Mental Health Services & Support
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Free Mental Health Support for Colorado Youth
Dinner Table Resilience
Courtesy of the La Crosse Family YMCA, check out the video series and skills sheets by Mental Health Director Sarah Johnson on building resilience. Resilience is a foundational component of our mental health. It is our ability to thrive, adapt and cope despite tough and stressful times.
Try the Dinner Table Resilience App, all the videos and skills practice sheets available to you. Download, use and build resilience in ourselves and others.