Summer Sports Season – A different approach
- Registration Deadline: May 29
- Season Dates: June 8 – August 1
As summer approaches, we are all eager to get back to the things we love, including YMCA sports. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are preparing to offer a modified version of youth sports to ensure the safety of our athletes, staff and families. Protocols, schedules, programming and procedures are being adjusted, and additional precautionary measures will be taken to uphold the highest possible standard of hygiene and sanitation practices, and illness prevention.
The YMCA is constantly reviewing and following all government health guidelines to ensure that we are providing the safest programs possible.
This summer, the YMCA Youth Sports program will follow these guidelines:
- There will be no leagues, however that will be replacing with clinics where kids will participate in various drills and small-side games.
- All groups will be limited to 8-9 participants – space will be limited.
- We will rely on staff to oversee the clinics
- Social distancing will be enforced for all fans and the number of spectators at each session will be limited. We are researching a virtual fan experience to allow families and friends to take part from a safe distance.
- We are asking everyone to refrain from giving high fives, handshakes, fan tunnels and limiting physical contact as much as possible. Players, parents and coaches will be encouraged to use clapping and cheering to show positive sportsmanship as opposed to high fives or handshakes.
- Facilities will be sanitized before, during and after sports programs. Playing spaces and common areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day. Game balls, chairs, goals, equipment, etc. will be disinfected periodically. The transition time between sports clinics may be longer than usual, and YMCA staff will monitor conditions and assist as needed.
- Water should not be shared, and we are banning all team snacks.
- Players, parents and coaches are required to sign a symptom health check form for their child upon drop-off and participants must pass a temperature check screening. Additionally, all individuals must wash their hands upon arrival.
- Masks will be required for certain skills and competitions where social distancing is not possible.
- Any players, parents, and coaches who are showing signs of illness, please refrain from attending programs.
As guidelines change, we will adapt and inform you as much as we can. While summer sports may look a little different for your family this year, please know we appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Our Summer Sports Season is open for registration! The Y’s 2020 Summer Season offers skills and challenge clinics for Baseball, Basketball, T-Ball, Tennis, and Soccer at locations across the metro area. Program offerings vary at different locations.
Fall 1 Youth Sports Leagues
- Registration Dates: June 22nd - July 17th
- Season Dates: August 10th - October 3rd
Join us this Fall as we return to some league play formats. Space will be limited as we work with our partners who provide us with facilities and fields to play, so sign up early. We will continue to follow all state guidelines and take additional precautionary measures to uphold the highest possible standard of hygiene and sanitation practices, and illness prevention. Click on your location below to view the programs they are offering.
We would like to give a special thank you to our youth sports sponsors:
Spring Indoor & Spring Outdoor Youth Sports Leagues
While we are doing all we can to continue to serve our communities, we are also following government mandates regarding Y programs and services. In line with this, the YMCA Youth Sports Spring Indoor and Outdoor Seasons are cancelled! Sports registration fees will be credited to all participants' YMCA accounts. This credit can be applied to our next season of sports or for other YMCA programming.
Save More with YMCA Membership
YMCA members are part of a family. And they save up to 40% on youth sports, swim lessons and child care plus access to yoga, pilates & more than 400 fitness classes each week. Not a member? Join today!