Highly sought-after pre-K education in a community environment
Families choose the Southwest YMCA for preschool because of the quality instruction and hands-on learning opportunities, as well as the welcoming and caring approach only found at the YMCA. Parents say, "It's phenomenal."
The Southwest YMCA offers two preschool programs for potty trained children ages 2.5-5 years old.
Full-time and Part-time Preschool (year-round)
Colorado Preschool Program (CPP)
- September through May, based on the Denver Public Schools schedule
- 9 to 11:30 am or 1 to 3:30 pm
- Children must have a birth certificate and must live in the city and county of Denver.
- Contact Julie Cataldo regarding additional requirements
- Cost: Free to families who qualify
Both preschool programs feature:
- Low teacher-to-student ratio.
- 3-star Qualistar Rating - Qualistar is Colorado's Quality Rating System of childcare programs in on a provisional to 4-Star scale.
- Interactive assessments by Teaching Strategies GOLD. This is an authentic, ongoing observational system.
- Open-ended play-based curriculum.
- Activities and experiences to enhance skills in language, literacy, creative arts, science, math, physical development, and healthy living.
- Experienced, certified caregivers.
- Parent-teacher conferences.
- Parent engagement and involvement - parents are welcome to participate in the classrooms activites like storytelling, leading activities, and sharing experiences.
- Convenient access and support in helping children take part in additional YMCA activities such as swim lessons, ballet, and sports
- Family activities throughout the year.
- Provided healthy breakfast and afternoon snacks.
For more information about space and availability, contact Julie Cataldo, Director of Early Childhood Education at email@example.com.