YMCA Nutrition Solutions
When it comes to overall wellness, the 80-20 rule applies: 20% of your success depends on physical activity, and 80% comes from nutrition!
To make sure you’re getting the most from the foods you eat, the YMCA can help.
The Y offers nutrition solutions to help members optimize their health and achieve their fitness goals. (Not a member? Join here!)
Nutrition services are led by a certified nutrition specialist or registered dietitian and are provided at Y Wellness Centers throughout the metro area, including Downtown Denver, Glendale, Littleton, Southwest Denver, Arvada and University Hills.
Upcoming Virtual Cooking Demonstration:
- Hack your Snack with Cooking Matters: Tuesday, November 17 at 4 pm. Learn how to choose and make healthy snacks for kids! Register here.
- Healthy Thanksgiving Sides: Wednesday, November 18 from 5 - 6 pm. Join Nutritionist Cami to discover healthy and delicious sides for Turkey Day! This demonstration is free and everyone is welcome. Register here.
- Pirateé Sus Botanas con Cooking Matters: Jueves 19 de noviembre a las 4 pm ¡Aprende cómo elegir y hacer botanas saludables para los niños! Regístrese aquí.
- One-on-one guidance from a Y nutrition specialist
- Set goals – lose weight, get more energy, or get in optimal condition for an event
- Identify barriers and strategies
- Get realistic, everyday solutions for proper nutrition and meal planning
30-minute session: $34
(4) 30-minute sessions: $125
60-minute session: $62
(4) 60-minute sessions: $228
15-minute consultation (in-person or by phone): NO COST
Maximize your 80% at the YMCA!
YMCA nutrition sessions are flexible and can be arranged to fit your schedule. Our knowledgeable and friendly nutritionists are ready to guide you on your wellness journey! Call 720 524 2747 or contact a YMCA nutritionist below.
Liz Bravman is our Nutrition Specialist based out of the Susan M. Duncan Familiy YMCA. Liz is a former pediatric nurse who went back to school to receive her Master's in Nutrition Education. She has worked in various community programs around Denver teaching low-income families how to eat healthy on a budget. Since Liz has three active children, she also specializes in helping busy individuals, families, parents and children learn how to keep wellness and lifelong nutrition habits a priority. Contact Liz to learn more and schedule your no-cost 15-minute consultation!
Cami Woomer is passionate about making nutrition fun and easy by meeting clients where they are and incorporating real-life factors when helping clients design and accomplish their nutrition goals. She has experience working with weight loss and diabetes prevention clients, and she understands that lifestyle changes are the key to success with both. In her free time, Cami enjoys doing anything outdoors and is constantly trying new things to continue to grow. Contact Cami to learn more and schedule your no-cost 15-minute consultation!