Prevent Diabetes with the YMCA
More than 84 million adults in the US have prediabetes - that’s 1 out of every 3 Americans!
Yet, 9 out of 10 people don't even know they have it. The YMCA can help.
The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program is part of the CDC-led National Diabetes Prevention Program, which has proven that through healthier eating, increased physical activity, and a small amount of weight loss, it’s possible to prevent or delay the onset of Type 2 Diabetes by 58-71%.
Through this Y program, participants meet regularly with a certified lifestyle coach to learn about:
- Physical activity
- Overcoming stress
- Staying motivated
Together, they get the resources and support they need to meet program goals:
- Decrease body weight by 7%
- Increase physical activity to 150 minutes per week
- Improve wellness and reduce diabetes risk
Take action now to transform your health
The YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program is offered year-round in seven counties in Metro Denver, including the five YMCA Wellness Centers and over 20 community sites.
The program consists of 16 weekly one-hour classroom sessions with monthly follow-up sessions for the remainder of the year.
To qualify, you must be 18 years of age or older and have a:
- Prediabetic blood value
- Diagnosis of prediabetes or
- High score on a CDC diabetes risk assessment
PRE-Registration is required. The YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program is offered year-round in 7 counties in the Metro Denver Area, in addition to a virtual session.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE along with payment plans!
- Spanish Diabetes Prevention Program | Schlessman YMCA | 3901 E Yale Ave, Denver, CO 80210 | Begins Wednesday, October 28, 6:00-7:00 pm | Join us for our first session to learn more about the program and get your questions answered by our friendly coaches.
- Virtual Diabetes Prevention Program | Begins Monday, November 9, 7:00-8:00 pm | Join us for our first session to learn more about the program and get your questions answered by our friendly coaches.